Thursday, May 05, 2011

An Ever Present Help in Trouble

Here's what one listener had to say (he discovered my music through a free mp3 site)....

"I returned from Afghanistan in January...I know I already mentioned it on your wall, but God really used your music to calm my nerves during my deployment. The two songs in particular were "Hurricane" and "Pull Through." Amazing... It was as if Hurricane was written for me. My father passed away this July, after a long battle with Alzheimer's Disease. And throughout the previous year in Afghanistan, I found myself listening to music whenever possible to keep my brain occupied; I knew that if I had a moment of quiet I'd be thinking about my dad, and I couldn't afford to bust out crying wherever I was. So... thank you for those songs...I can't wait to hear the new album!" - Brian

Maybe you need encouragement today. Here's a verse I referenced while writing the song Hurricane.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; Though its waters roar and foam, Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride...'Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.' The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold."
- Psalm 46

(Brian's comments above were posted with permission)

No comments: