Monday, February 13, 2012

Portrait of Me Music Video

This music video is extra special to me as it features my artist father Phil Gegner. As long as I can remember, I think of my dad drawing – working on a detailed oil painting or calligraphy in his studio, drawing pencil portraits at family gatherings, even sketching pictures of unbeknownst people at restaurants while waiting for our meal. Not only is this song dedicated to my earthy father, it also addresses God as the Great Artist – the author of life and creativity. The video was shot in my dad’s art studio, and at Liberty Presbyterian Church in Delaware, OH. Ben Bays shot, edited and directed the video. (www.room101productions.com)

Featured in the video are also string actors Winni Li (violin), Brian King (viola) Sabrina Chon (violin), Brian King (viola) and Matt Hawley (cello). Matt Hawley and I grew up together, went to the same school K-12, and were neighbors during middle school and high school.

The actual players on the recording are David Davidson (violin), David Angell (violin), Monisa Angell (viola), John Catchings (cello) and Marc Andre (piano). Bobby Shin engineered the string session and Todd Robbins mixed the song (and album). Robert Nugent arranged the strings.

To see the music video for Shadows & Sunlight, click here.

If you haven’t heard the new album Snapshots of the Shattered Soul, take a listen on iTunes.

Phil Gegner Artwork
To see some of my dad’s artwork (besides those works displayed in the video), click here. He has worked in oil, watercolor and pencil, and specializes in portraits (people, pets, even houses) and calligraphy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marc,

My mom and dad forwarded this link to me. Wow! This is great, very well done. It was awesome to see how you incorporated your Dad's God given talents along with your obvious God given talents. Very moving. Take care.

Love,

Eric Rohr (your cousin)

Marc Andre said...

Glad you enjoyed the video Eric! Hope you and your family are doing well. Wish we could come visit you guys sometime!

Love,

Marc