Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Wings of Eagles

I miss making music. Life has been so hectic recently that it’s been difficult to find time to sit down and work on new songs. However, I have some rough ideas which I’d like to flesh out when I have the chance. Eventually, I hope to carve out some time to focus on the next musical creation.

I haven’t played a show since last summer, but I do have some potential gigs coming up in July. In addition, I continue to look for custom music work. I have several new jingle possibilities...I’m hoping these opportunities will pan out!

In other news, our son, Joshua, is almost fifteen months old. He is so much fun! He’s walking now and he loves to eat. He eats just about everything we eat...from spicy Mexican food to quiche! He also really enjoys music. He often walks into my studio in hopes that he can play daddy’s keyboards. In fact, he is drawn to anything with buttons, knobs or sliders — remotes, radios, thermostats, microwaves — you name it. We are thinking of nicknaming him “buttons.”

Joshua is also quite dramatic. We’re wondering if he may be an actor someday. He likes to point at things he wants while saying “mmmm! mmmm! mmmm!” He also has a number of funny mannerisms...cheesy smiles, frowns...and his little laugh is contagious! Sometimes, he just starts laughing because we are laughing. We are so thankful that he is a healthy and happy little boy, and we feel so blessed to be his parents.

God has been teaching me a lot. Given our current circumstances, I’ve been challenged to deepen my trust in the Lord. It feels as if we are going through a never-ending drought, but we know God has a plan for us. Both Crystal and I continue to work part-time jobs and money is tight. Nevertheless, the Lord is providing for us in surprising and amazing ways. As I mentioned in the last blog entry, it’s funny how almost every sermon we hear these days seems to be written for us. Whether we are listening to the radio or sitting in church, God’s message to us remains the same - “trust Me and wait on Me.” We know that God’s timeline is not our own, but we believe that His ways are perfect. Even in difficulty, we can trust that He has our best in mind.

“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31

Read a sample of Marc's new book on iTunes.com
Read a sample of Marc's new book on Amazon.com

No comments: