Sunday, January 02, 2005

Concert Preparation (Part 2)

Tomorrow evening, we have another band practice. I really have to give God the glory on how the band is coming together. Last week was pretty discouraging as I had knocked on so many doors and was having trouble finding a couple guitarists to play for Thursday's show. I've actually been planning for this concert for over a month, and it's taken me this long to actually get some guys together who can pull the songs off live. Anyway, I am thankful as I've seen God provide in the nick of time. For every door that's been closed, there's been an opened window.

I will be spending a lot of time this week simply practicing on my own, and figuring out exactly what I'm going to say between songs, etc. Some final details include finding out how we can get in the building early on Thursday morning to set up as well as testing some intelligent lights to see if they work with the venue's light board. I've had a number of people tell me that they are coming to concert...that's been encouraging.

Stay tuned for the background of "Making of a Rock Star" (track #6).

No comments: