Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Registration Day

Well, I finally received my membership card from ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers). Today, I began the registration process for "Backstage Pass" (on ASCAP's webpage www.ascap.com) I'm not sure how long the entire process takes, but I was told to check back in two days to see the status of the registration. I was quite surprised at the benefits which are offered to ASCAP members...health insurance, life insurance, studio/tour/travel insurance, software and music store discounts...and much more. Many radio stations require that an artist's music is registered with either ASCAP or BMI. These companies pay royalties to the writers/publishers involved...and in my case, I'm both. Regardless, it is a very small amount of money...a little bit each time one of your songs is played. However, it opens a whole new door of possibilities of getting my songs on radio.

Have been working to set up some more shows. I'm really realizing the importance of prayer. As I mentioned before, the Lord was totally involved in last Thursday's chapel and concert. A lot of prayer went in that...not just from me, but many of my friends and family were praying as well. It's easier to complain and worry about things than to take them before the One who owns the "cattle on a thousand hills" (Ps 50:10). Today, I'm going to the park to walk and pray and then I'm heading to a coffee shop to hopefully finish up "The Great Divorce" by C.S. Lewis. Great book. I recommend it.

No comments: