Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Day 2 at the Skate Park



Went back to the skate park yesterday and was a little more daring as the concrete was dry this time. Joining me on the ramps this time was a bashful and novice elementary skateboarder, a seven year old scooter dare devil (who was jumping off the highest inclines in the park), and a couple high school scooter/skateboard riders who appeared to be in their own world (as I almost ran into them several times as they weren't paying attention).

Some of you may not know this, but back in my middle school/high school days, I went by the nick name "skater." I would spend entire weekends skating around the neighborhood. I was a serious boarder, for sure. I think I originally started in fifth grade. Both my brother and sister used to skateboard, and my first board was a hand me down from my brother. My first helmet was a football helmet. A blue one with a white stripe. I looked pretty sweet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to wear a helmet, skater-boy!

Anonymous said...

Dude where is the football helmet. I do not like to transport friends in my squad!!!

Marc Andre said...

A helmet would not be a bad idea. Last Friday, we went to the park and there were about 20 kids there. Crazy! I was just standing there minding my own business and a larger built kid zipped by me and accidentally clocked me in the forehead (fortunately, he didn't hit me in the eye). I had two welts on my head for about a day. I was icing my head all night... all for just standing there. I wasn't even skating!