Monday, October 23, 2006

I Wish Most Christian Movies Weren't So Cheesy

Well, I've been promising a new blog entry, and still haven't gotten around to writing much... although I have many ideas swirling around my head. For now, I will just give you a quick update of what I've been up to creatively.

The last couple weeks have been busy. I've been working a fair amount between all my freelance jobs and my job at the tv station. My biggest project recently has been the construction of my home studio. I am getting ready to begin a couple new projects... I will be writing some custom Beachboys-type music for a car restoration company, I have some voice overs coming up, and I will also be starting work on the score for a 45 minute independent film. It's been a challenge compiling the equipment to make this movie happen. The next additions to my studio will probably be a $900 orchestral sample library and a Mac G5 desktop computer (as I'm maxing my laptop out, and I can't afford one of the new Mac Pro towers). I hope to use this gear for future projects, including other custom music projects, and possible a future Marc Andre album.

I've been focusing a lot recently on working towards a career in custom music and sound design for tv shows and movies. I think it'd be awesome someday to write the score for a well produced Christian movie. So many Christian movies these days are just cheesy. I think God has been re-impressing upon my heart a desire to be a missionary through my music, whether that be instrumental or vocal.

In many ways, I have been rediscovering my love for music, and more importantly, I've been re-inspired to use my words, melodies, and arrangements for my Creator. Sometimes, we go through times of drought and reflection so we can come back to the same mission more inspired and passionate.

Hang on to your seats... earth shaking blogs are just around the corner.

No comments: