Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Production Update May 9th, 2010

I’ve accomplished a lot recently! Here is a list of what I’ve done over the week or so.

(1) Met with composer Robert Nugent last Thursday to discuss string arrangements for track #8 and track #13. Robert has rough string arrangements for both of these songs, and they are sounding great! I'm really glad he's a part of the team!

(2) Created guitar split track mixes for Matt Meyer (so far I’ve sent him split track mixes for 6 of the 13 songs; all fake guitars are on the right side, and all the other instruments and vocals are on the left side – this makes it easier for him to practice his guitar parts). Matt will be playing electric guitar on the album, and will be joining us at DarkHorse Recording on June 18th (as we also record drums and bass).

(3) Wrote Nashville number charts for track #11 (the worship song) and also track #10 (a fast guitar driven song), which I apparently overlooked when I was creating all of the other Nashville Number charts.

(4) Reworked the MIDI demo for track #12 (the love song) to match the most recent arrangement that I finally nailed down after playing the song at church the other Sunday with our worship band. The MIDI arrangement is currently about 75% finished. I will be recording vocals for this song later this week.

(5) Tweaked the bridge and the final chorus of track #7 and also wrote a Nashville number chart for this song (I did this in the middle of the night last night! I’m crazy!)

This week, I will be focusing heavily upon finishing the MIDI demo for track #12 (the love song). I also still need to create a Nashville number chart for this tune. After this, I’ll move on to finalizing the MIDI demo for track #5 (the last remaining trouble song). Once I'm finished with this, I’ll start creating Pro Tools sessions for the June 18th session at Dark Horse Recording. Just over 5 weeks until Nashville!

No comments: