Thursday, May 26, 2005

Losing Your Muffler In Canton

Had a good time at Heritage Christian School in Canton, OH yesterday. Rob, AJ, and I all piled into the station wagon along with 4 guitars, a keyboard, and a couple amps. About 45 minutes from Canton, my muffler fell off (it was dragging on the road). There's a story for every trip. =) Unfortunately, we didn't snap any photos. I need to get a digital camera one of these days.

We played an hour set for about 130 middle school and high students. AJ shared about his unbringing in my music, and also shared his testimony. We learned that Marilyn Manson attended elememtary school at Heritage Christian School. Hung out with four students afterwards for a few minutes. Pretty cool kids.

After pulling my muffler off and disposing of it in a trashcan, we jumped back on the road toward Columbus. On the way, we stopped at an Applebee's, and talked music, Christ, and life. I'm honored to work with Rob and AJ (as well as the other guys in the band). We had some pretty cool discussions yesterday.

Our next confirmed show is at the Driven Young Adult Conference in Gambier, OH, June 16th. I'm going to start working on trying to book some shows at various colleges. I'm just seeing more and more that I need to focus on this age group. It seems to be who my music really reaches.

God is good, and is teaching me a ton. I'm pretty tired today. I was up late last night practicing piano. I'm really trying to stay in the habit of practicing everyday. Also, trying to get out and run several times a week. It's amazing how your metabolism begins to change when you're reaching for 30. =)

No comments: