Thursday, April 07, 2011

The Last String Session

Yesterday, I mailed a package to violinist David Davidson in Nashville (we recorded strings for five songs at his studio in early February). The package contained a DVD of two Pro Tool sessions, as well as some sheet music. This next Monday, he will be recording violin and viola for the opening song on the album, and John Catchings will be playing cello on a tune called “A World Without” (John was the cello player at the recording session back in February). This morning, I met with composer Robert Nugent to finalize this cello part. I will have to email the sheet music for this part to David before Monday’s session. After this session, all the strings for the album will be recorded. Things are moving along!

In other news, I’m still trying to figure out what to do with recording piano. I’ve been eyeing some piano samples (especially East West’s piano library), but I’m not completely sure whether or not I’m going to go this route.

No comments: