Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The Early Bird Gets The Coffee

Well, this morning I was up at 5:45 am. I'm actually discovering that I'm more of a morning person than a night person, although waking up at a quarter to six is bit crazy. I stopped by Kinko's around 6:00 am to pick up 1000 business cards which I'll use to promote "Backstage Pass." I find these cards are a good way to point people to the website, and they're relatively cheap to make...especially when you have a bunch of them duplicated.

Anyway, why was I up at 5:45? This morning I did a mini-concert at Liberty High School in Powell, OH. What a neat group of kids. It was an FCA meeting (Fellowship of Christian Athletes), and my friend Kary Oberbrunner spoke. I set up a keyboard, mic, and amp and sang "Hurricane" and "By Now." Pretty cool morning. It's great to see kids standing up for truth in their public schools. After the meeting, Kary and I went and grabbed breakfast and exchanged war stories.

Just booked another gig...we're now set to play at Heritage Christian School in Canton, OH on May 25th. Check out the news section at www.marcandremusic.com to learn more. Several other shows (not listed on the calendar) are pending. Stay tuned for more concert dates.

I've started to jot down new song ideas. I've actually been trying to compile a list of subjects which would fit together for a new project. If I do record another album, it probably won't be for a year or two. I'm basically in promotion and recovery mode right now, although it never hurts to start getting your thoughts down on paper.

No comments: